The project brief included graphical development and increased functionality to create a fresh and constantly updated web site that would encourage return traffic and facilitate increased business to business and business to consumer activity.
The sites graphic treatment was reviewed to reflect the wineries unique position in the market. Using bold photographic images together with dynamic scripting the interface presented a clean and contemporary feeling whilst maintaining an easily navigable site structure. The sites content was reviewed to showcase the winery as well as special events such as the restaurant, the wedding facilities and the Country Blues festivals.
A Content Management System was developed to provide increased functionality to existing business-to-business and business-to-consumer systems. These systems included:
- a retail catalogue enabling product purchase via a proprietary shopping cart system
- a members only club area for discounted purchases
- a business to business support area for retailers and commercial partners to access marketing material and press releases
- a Calendar to promote events staged and by Bimbadgen Wines
- an updatable restaurant menu
All in all the new site is a marked departure from their previous web site. The graphical treatment sets it well apart from the typical winery sites and the Content Management System empowers the business with a unique communication platform from which they can communicate with both customer and industry groups.
This site was awarded a Golden Web Award in 2002.